Vertical garden began in 1994 is widely known through the works of French botanist Patrick Blanc. According to Blanc, plants do not require soil media under certain circumstances. Land only ancillary mechanical. The most important role for plant life is the supply of water and some minerals needed for growth.
Vertical garden is a right answer to overcome the limitations of the land, as well as the roof garden on the roof. Both are actually an attempt to move an unused green space to buildings to the area of the building or onto the roof.
The most simple is better known as vertikultur. Stay with conventional growing media and containers such as pots, then made vertical. The difference, vertikultur used for gardening, now applied to the wall with ornamental plants.
Media cropping soil or planting medium instead of conventional, but rather use the felt as a planting medium. Point to connect the plant, used a kind of bracket (link). Drainage has also been set up, so it was no longer watering with a hose.
The principle is to plant crops on the wall. Typically use special media or the construction of the building is prepared to vertical garden. To consider is the type of plant selected. The reason, would be associated with the roots, so if for buildings, plants that need a combination with high humidity.
Problem area or location of the vertical garden, More and more land that could be used for green space, the better. The place could be anywhere, front and rear. In front of the reason that people see, so they can build awareness for others. Of the other parts should be considered and treatment.
Types of plants are suitable for vertical garden are:
• Elephant ears (Anthurium crystalinum), Elephant ears old kind berhelai typically large and small berhelai for new types. Feature of this plant is owned by a heart-shaped leaves with silvery white leaf veins. For a vertical garden, a small leaf type is more often used.
• Deer Horn (Platycerium bifurcatum), has leaves that are similar to the horns of a stag. The growth of wood attached to the goods, these clans were bred with the spores, he likes the shade and moist.
• Lili paris (Chlorophytum comosum), leaves of this plant with a long line of yellowish white. Usually used for borders or pots hanging plants. Lili paris terhdap resistant to direct sunlight and grows optimally in a shaded place.
• Cryptanthus, has a lot of leaf color, ranging from green, gray, brown to white lines. Cryptanthus also the plants that are resistant to scorching sun and can live in a place that has shade. Applied as a vertical accent in the garden, with Bromeliaceae as friends sandingannya.
• Leek, onion chives, onions are the smallest species of the family Alliaceae. Plant tubers as high as 30-50 centimeters and 1 centimeter wide, with leaf-shaped hollow tube about 50 centimeters has a soft texture. Leek-colored flowers of pale purple, star-shaped flowers with six petals wide.
• Neoregelia, this genus are often called by bromeliads. Though bromeliads is the surname of many plant genus. Neoregelia commonly used in gardens vertically, among others, Neoregelia species Polus olens with red tipped leaves flat, then Neoregelia carolinae with leaves striped pattern.
• Lipstick (Aeschynantus Radicans), the plant is growing creeper with a long stem. The leaves are kidney-shaped (cordata), the line moved at a red heart and the furry silver. The flowers are bright red.
• Kadaka (Asplenium scolopendrium), this plant is almost the same as bird nests Paku, just kind of leaves are smaller. Light green wavy edges.
• Betel Red, these plants like the shade, the growth spreads to the trunk berbuku, red leaves with silver lines. As a filler plant a vertical garden, Red Betel appear with red color.
• Singonium, herbaceous plant with a height of no more than 30 centimeters has a heart-shaped leaves with a mixture of leaf color between white and green. These plants are easy to grow as long as enough water.